My 5 Favorite International Trips



Welcome back! I have been looking back on some of my previous adventures, and would like to share some of my favorite moments on my 5 favorite international trips. If I could relive some of these moments, I absolutely would! Please comment with your favorite destinations, share with your friends and family, subscribe so you don't miss future posts, and enjoy!


5. Quito, Ecuador


This trip kind of happened last minute, but turned out to be an incredible little adventure. This city is gorgeous with tons of rich history. This city is the capitol of Ecuador, and there are constantly festivals and get togethers going on in the cobblestone streets, in the church courtyards, and around town. We took a day and used a hop on/hop off bus to get around town and explore different neighborhoods. **Note: There are a few areas that tourists are strongly discouraged to travel through at any time of day, so do some research if you plan on going to Quito.** One of the places we stopped off was the Basilica del Voto Nacional. Oh my goodness, this basilica was breath taking! Take a good hour here at least. If you don't have an overwhelming fear of heights, you can climb into one of the towers. But be aware that it is a nerve wracking climb, even if you don't have a height phobia.
We also took a tour of the Palacio de Carondelet (Carondelet Palace) which is the residence and office of the President of the Republic of Ecuador. It was a very insightful tour about the government in Ecuador and the happenings in the Palace. It offered in multiple languages, and I'd strongly recommend it.
If you are looking for some nightlife, check out Plaza Foch for a bunch of restaurants, bars, and dancing.
The next day we took a cab to the Equator! It was only a short drive out of the city, and was such a cool experience! Did you know that the equator can fall anywhere within a short 2.5 mile range depending on the season? Now you know! Plan on spending an entire day here. There is a lot to see and do on this complex including informational movies, shopping, and eating.  This day was definitely one for the books!





4. Paris, France


My mother speaks darn near fluent French, however she had never been to Paris. So, for Mother's Day a few years back, I said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom. We are going to Paris!" She was so excited, and it was so cool to be able to take her somewhere she had always wanted to go. We got to see the tennis courts at Roland Garros - home of the French Open, the Mona Lisa and Winged Victory at The Lourve, Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, Versailles... the list goes on! It was a jam packed week, but it was worth every sore muscle.
While every hour had a memory associated, I have two memories that stand out from that week. One of my favorite memories include shopping for breads and cheeses, then laying out a blanket with a friend who was on study abroad, and just enjoying the afternoon with good company and great cheese.
The other favorite memory is just a simple glimpse into time that I was happy to have captured. My parents and I were walking along The Seine, and I glanced over and saw them holding hands and strolling along on a perfect afternoon. My parents are about to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary, and it was just sweet to see that moment.




 3. Verona and Florence, Italy


 This trip to Italy did not have an itinerary when I left. My original plan was to go to Venice and then down into Croatia. However, that plan changed when I was able to meet up with one of my best girlfriends, who just happens to speak Italian, in Venice. We decided to stay in Italy instead of heading the other way.
I also have a friend who grew up in Verona, Italy before moving to the states and who happened to be visiting his parents that same week. We got in contact, and he said he would love to show us around Verona. So we hopped on a train from Venice and headed that direction. These turned out to be an incredible couple days. We figured we would just book a hotel once we got there and were able to lay out our next plan. When we arrived at the train station, my friend had told us that his mother had a spare room, and would love to have us stay. We didn't want to impose, but he insisted it was not a problem. His mother's home was gorgeous! My girlfriend and I fully expected to cuddle together on a pull out couch type situation, but boy, were we wrong. She had an entire wing of the house for us. It was an entire apartment just for us! The view out of our window? Vineyards. Vineyards all around. I cannot express how picturesque this was. I'm still in awe just thinking about it.
We showered and changed out of our traveling clothes and went downstairs to find out that we were going to go to a private tour of the Mizzon Winery. My friend and the owner of the Winery went to school together when they were younger. This was a priceless experience that I will never forget. Not only did we learn about the process that the grapes go through in the Valpolicella region of Italy, we got to taste it. So incredible.
The following evening, it was time to head to our next destination: Florence. I was hesitant about going to Florence only because I didn't know anything about it. I was assured that my hesitations would disappear when I arrived, and they did. This city is amazing! So, there is this church. The Duomo. I have NEVER seen such an incredible building in my actual life! No matter how long you stare at this building, you'll see something different every time! There are no pictures that do this building justice. Not even close. Visiting this city was a highlight of this trip for sure! Thanks girl, for dragging my butt down here! I don't regret any of it!




2. Salzburg, Austria


"The hills are alive with the sound of music." This city. I fell in love with this city the day I arrived. Salzburg's beauty is jaw dropping. I went with a good friend of mine from college, and the biggest thing we did was the Sound of Music Bike Tour. I had been waiting to see this city since I watched the movie as a child. This tour was so much fun! We rode our bikes through the streets of Salzburg singing every song from the soundtrack, taking pictures and videos at the sights, and laughing all afternoon! I can't say much more than that, only because that whole tour was my favorite moment from this trip. 10 out of 10. Would HIGHLY recommend!





1. Chiang Mai, Thailand


I have nothing but amazing things to say about Chiang Mai. It was my favorite international trip. The pictures I have included are the pictures that will flash in my mind on my death bed when I am looking back on my life and remembering the moments that made me so absurdly happy. The day that I got to play with and bathe elephants at the Rantong Elephant Sanctuary changed  my life. These gentle giants are beautiful and should not be treated with disrespect. 
I also had the best pad thai of my life at Pad Thai 5 Rod. (Google those exact words and it'll pop right up.) I had a friend visit there before and he recommended it to me for my trip. Without making any mention of it, I also asked a few locals where I could find the best pad thai in the city. Everyone recommended this place. And it did not disappoint. To this day I salivate about that dinner I had there. I cannot wait to get back there to get my fill of it again! 



I hope you all enjoyed looking at my 5 favorite international trips with me! Please comment, share, subscribe, and come back! I look forward to sharing more with you!

Be sure to follow my travel Instagram account too!

Safe Travels!!

Comments

Barbie said…
Loved Paris. Would sure love to go to the other places.
Jen said…
I loved Italy, in all it's majesty and beauty, and I, too fell in love with Salzburg. Paris is one of those places you just must get to because it's, well, Paris. :) Looking forward to visiting the others. Thanks for your article. :)
Chloe said…
I am hoping to go to Austria in the summer, it looks so pretty! x

Popular Posts