My Top 10 Favorite Spots in Chicago


Hey Everyone! Welcome back! Today I wanted to focus on some of my favorites! These 10 spots in Chicago, Illinois, USA are some of my favorite places to grab some food and maybe a drink or two. Most of these places are outside of downtown Chicago, so they might not necessarily appear on your "typical" Top 10 Chicago list. However, I assure you, they are TOTALLY worth it! The pink hyperlinked words will take you directly to their website. Please note, these are in no particular order. They're all awesome!


1. Boiler Room - This spot is known for their $10 "PB&J Special" P: Pizza. A big honkin' slice of the good stuff. B: Blue Ribbon. A PBR tall boy. &J: Jameson. A shot of Jameson Irish Whiskey. Is pizza not really what you're feeling? That's ok. They have other choices on the menu too, including boozy soft serve ice cream!

2. Sluggers - Ok. This place is just loaded with fun times! Dance floor, games broadcast on big screen, dueling pianos, and... wait for it... Batting cages! Located under the shadow of Wrigley Field - Home of the Chicago Cubs - this spot is just packed with good food, good drink, and great times! You can easily lose track of time and spend hours in here.

3. Big Star - Tacos. Need I say more? Fine. This spot has an incredible outdoor patio with a laid back atmosphere where you and your friends can eat tacos, and enjoy a beer. I prefer Lone Star with my tacos here, but whatever tickles your fancy is what you should go with. This establishment used to be cash only, however has recently moved into card transactions as well. ProTip: Order at least 1 "Walking Taco." You won't regret it.

4. Park and Field - This spot is relatively new, but get out here! This place has a huge outdoor patio with Bocce Ball courts, two fire pits, hammocks and plenty of outdoor seating for all your friends to come and enjoy the summer months in Chicago! Speaking of the fire pits, ask if they are doing the S'mores basket on the night you're there. You can roast your marshmallows right there, and enjoy this campfire classic.

5. Lou Malnati's - In Chicago, there is a continuous battle for the best deep dish pizza. Personally, I am team Lou Malnati's. It is DELICIOUS! If this is your first experience with Chicago deep dish, don't worry about an appetizer. You will have too much pizza as it is. I love the Rush Street location. Some locations in the city are pickup only. The one on Rush, however, is a full establishment. Being closer to downtown allows for the high energy of the city spill in and make your experience one to remember.

6. Opart Thai House - Delicious Thai Food for sure! I went here on a date with a guy, and even if that date had sucked, (it didn't, by the way, it was a very good date) I would have at least been happy the food was amazing! I am a sucker for Thai food, and i kept it simple and got a staple dish: Pad Thai. I was so happy. I went to the location on Western Avenue. I have only been once, yet it made the list. Just saying.

7. Sedgwick's Bar & Grill - This spot, even though it is a St. Louis teams bar, is a relaxed spot with delicious food and drink. Do you play Euchre? So do they! They have Euchre leagues you can join and play for the season! Do you want to take your dog with you out and about? This bar is dog friendly as long as your dog is friendly.

8. Kingston Mines - If you like blues music and dancing, this is the place for you! There are live blues artists playing music every night! This place has been open since 1968, and is just a riot. One night I went in there with some friends and a cute little old guy asked me to dance. We spent 3 songs out on the floor. He was throwing me all around that space. So much laughter and fun that night.

9. Small Cheval - Small, stripped down, burger joint that has me salivating just thinking about it! Their burgers are juicy, and their milkshakes hit the spot every time! I like to get a chocolate milkshake with a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream in it. In the summer months, they have an outdoor patio, and it is a darn near perfect spot to spend summer evenings with good friends and good food.

10. Kit Kat Lounge - Located in Boystown, this martini bar has over 200 martini options. I have not had all 200 options, but every one I have had, I very much enjoyed. You can enjoy your drinks indoors or on the sidewalk patio. Please be aware that these martini's are not weak by any definition of the word. They will definitely get you. Be careful!


Have you been to any of these places? Do you have some of your favorites you'd like to add? Comment below! Share and follow! :) New posts come twice a week!

Also, follow my Travel Instagram!

Safe Travels!

Comments

Wow! This list is great. I will use this for my future adventures in that place. Thanks a lot. :)
anshul said…
Chicago is where all my mafia movie fantasies come alive. This place has been in my list for so long, I don't know when I'll finish my trip but your blog gave me some serious travel goals.
Tiffany Peral said…
Great list! I have always wanted to go Chicago and explore the city! Thanks for sharing ♥️ ♥️ By any chance you are interested on doing collaborations, you can check out the collaborations portal of Phlanx.com and connect with amazing brands!

Xoxo,
Tiffany
It truly is my favorite US city. So much history and so much life! Thanks for the support! Please be sure to share this post on Pintrest, Twitter, Bloglovin', Facebook, etc. Excited to share more with you all!

Popular Posts