Awe-Inspiring Hikes

Awe-Inspiring Hikes

Today I want to share some of the most beautiful, jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring hikes/places I've seen in the states.

There is something calming and zen-like about lacing up your shoes and getting lost in nature. The hustle and bustle of day to day life can become overwhelming and grating. It becomes difficult to focus on work, appointments, and errands or chores without any time to de-stress or re-center your self.

It isn't required to have tons of time to go on a hike. Many times, it only takes a short drive, and sometimes, no drive at all to find a quick and easy hike. Sometimes, however, it does take a little more planning. When it does though, it is well worth it.

Acadia National Park

I had no idea what to expect when I went to Bangor, Maine. I was blown away to see how gorgeous the scenery was in Acadia National Park. I was lucky enough to go at the beginning of fall color leaves season. The mixture of perfect temperatures, water all around, and a mix of green and fall leaves was not only gorgeous, but I'd say almost heavenly. It was beautiful.

There are multiple lobster locations on the way to Acadia National Park that have fresh caught and fresh cooked lobster that will tickle your taste buds. If you've never had lobster before, ask one of the locals about the best way to eat it. It doesn't taste "game-y" when it is so fresh. Dunk that sucker in butter, and enjoy! This also gave me the light belly of food that I needed to go on my adventure.


 This picture was taken on on top of Cadillac Mountain. That's the Atlantic Ocean behind me. It was, for lack of a justifiably accurate description, stunning.

Crater Lake National Park, Oregon

I was in Medford, Oregon with no clue what there was to do. The coworkers I was with explained that crater lake was close, that they were going, and they asked if I wanted to tag along. I couldn't possibly say no, and with that, we hit the road. It was a relatively short drive to the lake, and my jaw hit the floor. I expected to be able to get down to the water, and put my feet in. Oh no. It is a trek to get down to the water, but the sheer cliff edges and the greenery between us and the lake made for some of the most incredible shots! The life lesson here, go out with your coworkers when they have awesome ideas like this one!


This picture has no filter! This is a raw shot, and it doesn't even come close to explaining the beauty of this sight. It was the bluest water I've ever seen. It almost isn't even describable in words. I was literally speechless.

Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

I lived in southern Utah for many years during college, but it wasn't until homecoming last year that I made it to Bryce Canyon. Boy, have I missed out!It is true that pictures rarely do justice, and this is true for mine as well. But imagine how stunning it is if the pictures are that gorgeous and they don't even compare! Bryce Canyon National Park is part of the Grand Staircase. The rocks are super rich with iron and so they shine a bright orange color. The sunlight inside the canyon is warm in hue and  makes everything glow.


Bryce Canyon is the largest collection of hoodoos in the world! It is the top layer, geologically, of the Grand Staircase of the Colorado Plateau. With more than 200 days each year where it freezes and thaws, it is a wise decision to bring and wear layers. I went here in October of 2017, and the leaves were changing and the sun was warm, and it was just the most incredible afternoon. When you go to Bryce, make sure you ask the Park Rangers about losing a cow there. Just trust me.

Take A Hike

As we head into 4 months of warm, hiking weather, get your plans ready for some exploring adventures out in nature. Take the kids, take the family, take your friends, take your coworkers, take that cute guy/girl from the coffee shop, or just take yourself. But get out there and wander!

Do you need some hiking or nature inspiration? Check out Ranger Ren on Instagram!

Safe Travels!

Comments

Unknown said…
I love hiking. Thank you for providing more places
Eric Gamble said…
Great list of places to hike. I would love to hike Acadia in Maine...Never been up there yet. I would also add any part of the Pacific Crest Train/John Muir Trail in California, especially near Mammoth, California.
Prerana A V said…
Looks like I've got to try these hikes when I visit the States. Lovely list.
Sylvie Hanes said…
Utah is on my bucket list, for sure. I also wanted to walk the Appalachian Trail, but ended up walking across Spain on the Camino de Santiago (multiple times, in fact). Hiking is such a great way to really know a location, and its people.
HartWanders said…
I love the Bryce Canyon picture! Im realky not into hiking but with this sceneries, id probably change my mind. ;)
Ishani Nath said…
I love hiking. Recently I hiked to The Tigers Nest Monastery in Bhutan. Nice to know about this place.
Ann said…
Wow, amazing pictures! The view is amazing, you capture it beautifully. I am sure you had a great hike!
Unknown said…
These views are stunning! You are so brave!
Daddy J-I said…
you are such an inspiration, i really hate hiking because im having joint pains whenever i climb mountains but seeing your stunning photos make me do the hiking again.
Thanks everyone! They are stunning places, that's for sure. Get on out there and explore!

Popular Posts